Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Happy to be Home

After cheating on my very low calorie diet, I felt amazing!  I decided that I was going to have to give it up and just lose the weight slower.  I have actually had the energy to exercise, and even though I have definitely 'felt the burn' it has felt great.  I have gained back a few lbs, but I am still below what I was when I started the diet, so hopefully it will stay that way. But... if I have done my math correctly, I will have to mow the yard for four hours and run 15 miles today, just to make up for all of the crappy kind of calories that I ate yesterday (in case you couldn't guess, that is NOT going to happen).
Lexi and I left the house at 4:00 a.m. yesterday morning and headed to Tulsa.  A very good friend of mine lost her 16 year old nephew who lived in Tulsa in a car accident, and Lexi and I went to the funeral.  You should read this: http://www.floralhaven.com/obituary/user/show/template?id=44670 
That does not even come close to describing the wonderful young man that I did not know, but heard so many good things about, and who was an inspiration to many.
First of all, I need to mention that I do not believe that I fully function on anything less than eight hours of sleep.  In order to attend the funeral, I had to get my homework done that was due Friday, so I stayed up until about 11:00 Thursday night completing it, then woke up at 3:40.  I had packed water and apples in an attempt to eat healthy, but I screwed that up within five minutes of the house, by getting a cappuccino to wake my lazy butt up.  When we got to Springfield, Lexi was hungry and wanted McDonald's.  I pull up to the drive-through and look at the menu, as silly as it sounds, I feel like I need to choose really fast so that the car behind me doesn't have to wait.  I do not see anything that I think I can eat while driving that looks even remotely healthy, so I go for broke and order my favorite food from McDonald's, a sausage and cheese bagel.  I do not think there is anything on the breakfast menu that is more unhealthy than that.
As we drive through Oklahoma on I-44/Will Rogers Turnpike, we decide that we better have a snack just in case the funeral takes  really long time, so we won't be starving by the time it is over.  Good decision 1 of 2 for the day, we each eat an apple.  We also shared an apple with the man working at the toll booth, after he commented on how good it looked and offered to pay me for one, lol.
My friend had asked me to stay after the funeral and have lunch with them.  We did and it was great food provided by her sister's wonderful church family.  Although I did very good eating small servings, I think I tried a little bit of everything, including cheesecake.  It seems like once I screw-up, the entire day is screwed-up.
On our way home we stopped at the McDonald's that is over I-44 in Vinita, OK(I think), because Lexi had never been there.  Lexi had an ice cream cone and a strawberry-banana smoothie, I ordered unsweetened tea and ate another apple after we got back in the car.




The view out the window.



 We are looking out the window and you can see the reflection of the road and my arm and phone in my sunglasses.

The inside of the elevator was painted bright yellow!

We stopped at my sister's house and ended up going out to eat with her.  We ate Mexican and I really do think that I did much better than I used to.  I only ate a few chips and I stopped eating when I was full (Lexi then finished my food).  We had a wonderful time, the little restaurant had a man singing country music songs and he was very entertaining.  Kimber also chose to entertain everyone by dancing for the majority of the time.  I was exhausted by the time we left, Nixa.  By the time we got to Ava, we had been gone from the house for 17 hours and I really felt the need for just a little more caffeine before the last 30 miles, so I had a Cherry Coke.
Man singing at Mexican restaurant

Instead of being upset with myself for all of the screwing up that I did yesterday (because that never works out good for me), I asked myself what I had learned, and it was a LOT.
  • Love your family and friends everyday as if it were the last, you never know when they may not be here anymore.
  • It is easier to make bad choices when I am tired.
  • Be the type of friend that your friends need you to be, step-up when necessary, and step-back when necessary.
  • It is easier to make good choices when I plan ahead (bringing apples and water).
  • I may have made some bad choices, but they are a major improvement over my choices just a few months ago.
  • Although he has the ability to make me really mad sometimes; I have a really awesome husband!
I am really sore this morning from driving all day yesterday and I am pretty sure some treadmill time will help. I am headed to the basement to work on paying that ransom that the fat girl is demanding in exchange for the skinny girl!  Have a great stormy day, I am going to!

No comments:

Post a Comment