Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, April 4, 2011

Weekend Weight Gain... Really??

So I get up this morning and weigh, just like every other morning.  If you could imagine the probability, after the weekend, like almost every other weekend; I gained weight.  Jim weighs right after I do and I weigh exactly 2 lbs more than him.  I tried to play it off like the fact that I have gained 2.5 lbs does not bother me because I expected it.  He didn't leave for work for a couple of hours this morning because it was raining.  I spent the entire two hours convincing myself that I was not going to cry, that I just needed to get back at it, and I eat an apple for breakfast.
After he leaves, I cry anyway.  I know that it never does anybody any good to wallow in self pity, but this morning I have no ambition to stop the wallowing.  Then I get myself an ice cream sandwich, might as well eat something good while I sit here and cry.
On Saturday morning, I ate an apple for breakfast then ran/walked 2 miles on the treadmill.  We then went to my sister's house to help her move, but I did very little work.  I ate 2 Taco Bell chicken soft tacos for lunch, drank a Diet 7-up, and then ate 2 pieces of Domino's pepperoni pizza and 1 bread stick for dinner.
On Sunday morning, I ate oatmeal for breakfast, walked 2 miles outside with the girls, ate a ham and turkey sandwich with lettuce and a Laughing Cow cheese wedge instead of mayo, and 1 serving of Ruffles potato chips, then an ice cream sandwich, then a very small taco with sour cream for dinner.  I added all of this into the calorie calculator website www.myfitnesspal.com and it says that on Saturday I was under my calories by 78, under my carbs by 53, over my fat by 13, over my sodium by 51.  On Sunday it says: I was over my calories by 14, under my carbs by 50, over my fat by 19, and under my sodium by 735.  The recommended numbers that it uses, is what I should be doing if I want to lose weight.
I realize that what I ate is definitely not appropriate if you are trying to lose weight, but really?  This is how bad I have to eat for two days, to have to spend the entire next week getting rid of it?  I also realize that by my age, I should accept the fact that life is not fair, but it's not!
It is very frustrating to work and work trying to lose weight, then be able to screw it up so quickly.  Results like this make me want to give up and just live with being fat, it seems like it was so much less disappointing.  I know that I am not the only person that ever does this, or feels this way, and I would love to hear what others do to get out of a funk.

No comments:

Post a Comment