Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

HCG Day 10

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up.  The most certain way to succeed it always to try just one more time." Thomas A. Edison


So what they say about not being hungry when on the HCG diet, it true for the most part.  I am not technically hungry right now, but I miss food extremely bad, especially starches.  Eating the same foods over and over again gets very boring and blah.  I saw and ad for Malt-O-Meal earlier and said, "Mmmm, Malt-O-Meal.", then a friend pointed out, "That is not something you would normally say 'Mmmm' about."  I very much miss the feeling of having my stomach full of food, you can only replicate that feeling to a point by drinking water, it is just not the same.
I have a pretty good support system, but I really do not know if I can continue this diet for very long.  I just heard my husband open a Twinkie in the other room, and a fellow HCG'er just texted me that she gave in and drank a coke. I want a Twinkie AND a COKE!! I have 2 people that I know of that are doing HCG, but I would love to hear from others, if you know of anyone, please refer them to this blog.
I am in a weight loss competition with 2 other people to see who can lose 15 lbs first.  The current standings are: Me -9.4 lbs, Person 1 -10.2 lbs, Person 2 -3 lbs.  I really think that this competition is the only thing right now that is keeping me inspired to stick with the 500 calories a day.  Can't wait to see what I lose over the next few days, that will probably be what will determine whether or not I stick with it.
My husband and I, along with a few other family members and friends, will be participating in our first Warrior Dash in Kansas City on July 30th.  I am really looking forward to trying to do something that I never would have attempted before.  Unfortunately, I can not train for this until I am done with the diet, because I am not taking in enough calories to do anything very strenuous.  I would also like to hear from those of you that have participated in a Warrior Dash.

2 comments:

  1. Amanda this is so inspiring I am also losing weight 31lbs since Jan6th Rod also runs in marathons and crap but May 26th we will be participating in Lost and Found balloon release and 5k Run / Walk We would love for you guys to do this also it is in Springfield. Kim Hickerson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kim, that is amazing! I am so proud of you, I know what a fight it is to get the weight off! I think I am going to make an events section, could you please post more information about this? Like time, location, entry fee, and if it is for a charity.

    ReplyDelete